Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tiki Torch Base




Tiki Torch with Base/Stand
Over a year ago I was party planning and trying to place my Tiki Torches around the yard and patio area.  I was having difficulty placing the torches where I wanted them.  The ground was too hard.  The soil in pots to loose.  I had to come up with a solution to this problem.  This past weekend I finally created a holder/base for my torches.

Using scissors I cut a large hole in the milk containers I had saved leaving the top opening intact.  I loosely followed the directions on the bag of quickcrete.  I put about an inch of water in the bottom of the milk container then stirred in the quickcrete until thickened.
Next the Tiki Torches were slipped down into the quickcrete through the lid opening.  While the quickcrete was still wet I added sea shells and sprinkled some sand on it also.  Let this dry.  The next day I used scissors to cut the milk container off.
 Love the shell look but I think mosaic would be great too.  Lots of options to change it up.  Could add concrete color also.  Now I can place my torches where I need them and they look great too!

No comments :

Post a Comment